Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Apology

Don't ever let your smile fade.
 I am sorry I never thought you were good enough.
I am sorry I expected others to make me happy.
 You really should be all I need.
I am sorry for the pain I forced upon you.
I am sorry for the scares I made and the continuous reminder of the grief I felt. 
I am sorry for the sleep I lost.
For the nights I cried 
and cried
and cried. 
That is not me. That is not you. That is not us.
We are one.
I am beautiful
I am kind
I am loving
I am strong
I should be the one I rely on most.

3 comments:

  1. I feel the ups and downs in this and can relate quite a bit thanks, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very powerful and inspirational. I like how there's so much feeling in such a short piece. It's also easy for a lot of people to relate to. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an amazing person! You are so talented and you are beautiful inside and out. You are such a caring person. I have struggled a lot in high school and meeting you has definately made my year a lot better. I love you to death and I wish you nothing but the best in life, <3

    ReplyDelete